Want to know more about one of the largest events in the dental calendar? Then look no further as Smile-on News guides you to all you need to know about Dental Showcase...
Organised by the British Dental Trade Association (BDTA), Dental Showcase is the longest established and best attended show in the dental calendar annually attracting thousands of dentists, practice managers, hygienists, therapists, dental nurses, lab owners, dental technicians and dental receptionists.
Manufacturers and suppliers invest considerable resources in developing innovations that are specially designed to meet your needs, save time, improve productivity, reduce long term costs and generally make your life easier. Dental Showcase provides the perfect opportunity for forward-looking members of the dental team to see what’s new, gain technical and business information, make informed purchasing decisions and take advantage of special offers.
Lectures and CPD
BDTA Dental Showcase 2013 will once again offer a diverse range of free, informative mini lecture sessions providing verifiable CPD and for those who prefer a more practical learning experience there will be a new and exciting line-up of Live Theatre demonstrations throughout the three days.
Mini lectures will be held at the event, as well as on-stand lectures held by various companies - look out for them at the event or check out the app (see below).
In 2012, more than 100 free business and clinical CPD sessions offered visitors more than 60 hours of verifiable CPD. In total, members of the dental team enjoyed 5,000 verifiable CPD sessions!
Reasons to visit
- Meet with the largest number of on-stand experts presenting the biggest selection of dental equipment, products, technologies and services in the UK
- More than 350 stands to explore, many with special offers and show deals
- Discover what’s new in dentistry from around the globe
- Gain first-hand experience of the latest products and innovations and access a range of industry experts
- Earn valuable CPD by attending the complimentary informative Mini Lectures; and watch live theatre demonstrations presented by leading experts
- Network with colleagues and peers
- A springboard for new ideas and an environment for collaboration
Exclusive deals & special offers
Make the most of this opportunity to see, try and buy - snap up exclusive BDTA Dental Showcase deals on offer at this year’s exhibition, including:
- Healthcare Learning: Smile-on is offering massive discounts on their range of resources, including the very popular Core CPD portfolio of elearning. Come to Stand H01 to find out all the latest deals and offers.
- Don’t miss Philips’ Showcase giveaway! Lucky delegates each day can try the Sonicare Airfloss at one of the brushing stations on Philips’ stand (P06) and can take it away with them for free.
- Kemdent’s range of exclusive special offers at this year’s show: Amazing half-price sale on 5L disinfectants, plus spend up to £175.00 on Kemdent products and get a PracticeSafe Hand Disinfectant Gel Dispenser FREE OF CHARGE! Don’t forget to ask about the FREE gun and activator when you purchase 100 Diamond Rapid Set Capsules at the Offer Price: £167.25 + VAT.
- Visit NSK on stand G21 and get three cans of Pana Spray Plus free of charge with every handpiece order, saving £95.58 incl VAT.
- Qudent’s special deal of 10 per cent discount on orders placed at the show for all Support Design and D-Tec products. Visit stands J18 and J19 to find out more.
Most of the stands at the event will be promoting great deals at the best prices so make sure you take advantage of all the bargains available!
One introduction that the BDTA have made to the show in recent years is the development of a free app to help you get the most out of your visit. Enhancing your experience before, during and after this year’s show the app puts a whole bunch of exciting features and information at your fingertips:
- Create a personalised itinerary by adding sessions from the mini and on-stand exhibitor lecture programme to your favourites
- Don’t miss any of the lectures that will help benefit you, your patients and your business. Search from the 360 exhibitors and key industry speakers you want to see and ‘favourite’ them
- Find your way around with the event map to ensure you see all the latest equipment, products, technologies and solutions
- Keep up-to-date with social media
- The app is available to download for iPhone & Android, there is a mobile web version available to Blackberry users
So don’t miss out on planning your day in advance and accessing all the information you’ll need in one place, download the BDTA Dental Showcase mobile app today, it’s easy and free! Plus - look out for the latest updates, as the app will be continually updated with lecture and exhibitor information.
For iPhone and Android phones: Visit your iTunes App Store or Google Play on your smartphone and search for “BDTA Dental Showcase”, then simply download.
For all other internet-enabled mobile phones: Visit http://customers2.eventgenie.com/bdtadentalshowcase via your phone.
This year you can also start planning your visit from the comfort of your computer via the brand new visitor portal at www.dentalshowcase.com/visit/my-showcase using pre-assigned login details that you will receive once registered.
Getting to the show
By train: The NEC is right next to Birmingham International rail station. You can get to any of the halls quickly and conveniently, without having to step outside!
The NEC entrance is on the right hand side as you exit the station, and clearly signposted.
Many services run direct to Birmingham International. If yours doesn’t, you can catch a connecting train at Birmingham New Street. There are regular services, and the journey only takes 10-15 minutes. Buses to the NEC can be caught at Birmingham Moor Street and Solihull stations.� For further information call National Rail enquiries on 08457 484950.
By Coach: National Express coaches run services between Digbeth coach station, near Birmingham city centre, to Birmingham Airport. From the airport you can get to the NEC in minutes.
Birmingham New Street station is approx. 11 minutes’ walk from Digbeth coach station. The NEC is approximately 10 miles by taxi from the coach station at Digbeth.� There are also buses from Digbeth via Moor Street Bus/Rail Interchange (also in Birmingham city centre): the 900 local bus service runs every 20 minutes during the day, journey time approximately 30 minutes.
By car: The NEC is in the perfect location for car travel - eight miles east of Birmingham city centre, and at the heart of the UK motorway network. The postcode to use for your SatNav is B40 1NT.
With 16,500 spaces available there’s plenty of room for you. Follow the electronic signage or directions provided by our traffic team to get you to the right car park area for your event. Once you’ve parked you can either take a free shuttle bus or walk to the halls using the signposted footpaths.
BDTA Dental Showcase runs October 17-19, 2013 at the following times:
- Thursday 17th 11am - 6pm
- Friday 18th 10am - 6pm
- Saturday 19th 10am - 5pm
Come and see the Smile-on News team at Stand H01 and give us your feedback - it would be great to meet you!